App permissions are the settings that allow your Android mobile apps to connect to other information on your Android device so that they function properly.
Here's how you can review the uKnowMobile app permissions on your child's Android device to ensure that they are properly set:
View permissions before installing apps including uKnowMobile
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the Search icon Magnifying glass icon.
- In the search field, enter uKnowMobile.
- Tap the uKnowMobile app.
- Tap Install.
- Tap See All to view all permissions.
View permissions after installing apps including uKnowMobile
- Go to your device's Home screen.
- Press your device's Menu button | select Settings.
- Tap Application Manager.
- Tap the uKnowMobile app icon.
- Scroll to "Permissions".
The uKnowMobile app permissions should be as follows:
- Read phone status and identity
- Read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
- Receive text messages (SMS)
- Send SMS messages
- Approximate location (network-based)
- Precise location (GPS and network-based)
- Read call log
- Read your contacts
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Read the contents of your USB storage
- Find accounts on the device
- Full network access
- Receive data from Internet
- View network connections
- View Wi-Fi connections
- Run at startup
- Control vibration
- Prevent phone from sleeping
If the uKnowMobile app permissions are not exactly as defined above, you must uninstall and reinstall the uKnowMobile application to properly reset the uKnowMobile app permissions. Without the proper permissions, uKnowMobile cannot do its job to help you use uKnowKids.