All Apple iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches) running iOS 5 or higher have iCloud already installed. As a result, you don't need to install any new apps to use iCloud and to keep your child’s data synchronized across all your Apple computers and devices.
To set up iCloud on your iOS device follow these instructions:
- Tap the Settings application icon on your child's Apple mobile device.
- Tap the iCloud settings button.
- Depending on what choices you made during your Apple device set up, iCloud may already be turned on and the device may already be signed into iCloud. If you're not already signed into iCloud, tap the iCloud account field and sign in with your Apple ID/iTunes account.
- Move the slider to On (green) for each feature you want to enable.
- At the bottom of the iCloud screen, tap the Backup menu item (or Storage & Backup menu item in older versions of iOS).
- In order to backup the data on your iOS device to iCloud, move the iCloud Backup slider to On (green).
- Going forward, your child's Apple mobile device will backup to iCloud automatically every night so long as the device is plugged into a power source and connected to your home's WiFi Internet connection.
Instructions to Setup Apple iCloud Backup - iOS 8 Or Higher