The uKnowMobile app is our legacy system for location and photo processing for iOS devices.
The uKnowMobile is currently in the process of being replaced by new and exciting app uKnowFamily. At this time an IOS version is available from the website at https://www.uknowfamily.com/. The free version does a great job to allow each member in the family with an IOS device to see the location of their family members. The new app does offer fantastic upgrades that go way beyond what our legacy uKnowMobile app offers.
Parents with an Android device are still able to monitor their child's location with an IOS mobile device using the Find My Phone app. Details on this are available at https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2696?locale=en_US
You will need to have your child's mobile phone number and mobile phone in hand in order to install the uKnowKids mobile app (known as uKnowMobile) and to connect it to your dashboard.
Once you have determined that your child uses a supported mobile phone, please follow these simple steps:
- Sign into your uKnowKids account
- Select your child's profile to go to your child's Launchpad.
- Once there, click on the Settings Cog on the top-right corner of the dashboard, then click Data Connections
- Inside the Mobile tab, enter your child’s phone number.
- Click the Generate Code button to confirm your request and to retrieve an activation code.
- Using your child’s mobile phone, open the Google Play application or iPhone App Store application (depending on what type of phone your child has)
- Once you have opened the marketplace application, search for “uKnowMobile”. Once you have located the application, install the app.
- When the uKnowMobile application has downloaded, open the application and follow the in app prompts. You will need your child’s mobile phone number and the provided activation code to connect your child’s mobile phone to your uKnowKids account.
Within 30 minutes of activating the mobile application, data should begin appearing in the dashboard. The initial sync will collect up to the last 30 days of data and activity from your child's phone and can take a long time to complete depending on the number of contacts, messages (Android only), and images on the phone. If there are many gigabytes of data on the phone, it will take a long time to get all of the data into the uKnowKids system during the first sync process.
After the initial sync, new data will be collected every 2 hours. The phone status will remain “Active” as long as the dashboard receives new data within 24 hours of the last sync.