When you sign into Twitter from your computer and access your account, Twitter creates a “session”. During this session, a cookie is placed on your computer that keeps that session open, even if you close out the browser. This helps to create a better user experience for Twitter users because the next time they visit the Twitter website, they are automatically logged in. The only way to close a session is to sign out of Twitter as pictured below.
While you were completing the child setup process, you were redirected to Twitter so that you could enter your child's email address and password. However, because a Twitter session associated with your own account was still open, Twitter connected your account to your child’s uKnowKids profile.
To correct this issue, follow these simple steps:
- Confirm that you have successfully logged out of the Twitter website
- Sign into your uKnowKids account and select the child profile you wish to edit
- Click on the Settings Cog icon at the top-right corner of the dashboard
- Click on Data Connections
- Select Twitter
- Click the Remove button to remove your Twitter account.
- Once your Twitter account has been removed from your child’s profile, follow these steps for connecting your child’s Twitter account to their uKnowKids profile.
Once you have connected your child's Twitter account, our system will begin syncing the data. This process can take up to a few hours to complete. Once the initial sync has been completed, an update sync will be performed every few hours moving forward.